Webinar Program WHF bijwonen? meld je aan
Founded by Lidewij Edelkoort and Philip Fimmano, the World Hope Forum is an organisation whose main goal is to create a global platform for the exchange and expansion of knowledge, innovation of business practices, the resetting of making methods, the invention of alternative models, the rethinking of the rituals of selling, sharing and bartering – and other initiatives yet to be discovered.
In concordance with the digital Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven this October, the very first national conference will take place for the Netherlands on Saturday, October 24th, organised as a free-to-access event in cooperation with WHF Dutch Ambassador Petra Janssen, founder of Social Label.
In this first meeting of great spirits and inspiring speakers, we invite general audiences from around the globe to join us and celebrate this WHF launch for the Netherlands. This conference will address several topics such as the climate crisis, inclusivity, waste management, cooperation, indigenous design, archeology as a source of inspiration, and the inclusion of the humanities in design. Multiple ideas about slowing down and scaling down; doing good for people and the planet alike.
De World Hope Forum is hosted by the Social Label Lab, the design space for social innovation in the Netherlands, that is situated in the Work Warehouse in ’s-Hertogenbosch. An old factory transformed into a cultural meeting place and halfway house for those distanced from the labour market. Based on the principle of the human dimension, the power of design and communication towards a social sustainable society.
photo by Michael Baumgarten
- 10:30 Lidewij Edelkoort, World Hope Forum Manifesto
- 10:45 meet the WHF Ambassadors
(Mary Portas from England, Kaori Ieyasa from Japan)
- 11:00 Petra Janssen, WHF Ambassador for the Netherlands & founder of Social Label
- 11:45 Philip Fimmano, A Labour of Love: new materialism in design
- 12:15 lunch break
- 13:15 Rodney Lam, serial entrepeneur & co-founder, Daily Paper
- 13:45 Pascale Gatzen, head of Practice Held in Common, ArtEZ
- 14:45 meet the WHF Ambassadors
(Stephanie Calvino from France, Kavita Parmar from Spain, Ragna Frodattir from Iceland)
- 15:05 short break
- 15:15 Michiel van Maren, 2020 Design Academy Eindhoven graduate
- 15:30 meet the WHF Ambassadors
(Marcella Echavarria from Mexico, Lilly Tede from Brasil, Barbara de Vries from the US)
- 15:45 Tord Boontje, designer & creator of Do-It-Together
- 16:10 Lucas de Man Biobased Creations
- 16:30 Lidewij Edelkoort with last words of hope